Re: [Debconf-team] Talk submission: Difference between "Submission notes" / "Abstract" / "Description"

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 03:13:17PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> So all of the public optional fields _do_ get a high usage percentage
> (and "resources" does not). Of course, that does not mean "resources"
> is least useful (only that most people don't need it). But I do feel
> the "description" field is mostly redundant.

At first sight (when I asked my question) I considered it totally useles
but the explanations here gave it some sense (which just should be
documented clearly).  So it is no bug but a feature.

> Do you feel as I do? Would you object if I just disappear the
> "description" one, instead of arguing whether it extends the abstract
> or the subtitle?

I have no insight whether the feature of using a short and a long
abstract is *really* used.  If it will be (was) used dropping it might
be not the best way to handle the issue.  Otherwise I have no problems
if it will vanish.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--