[Debconf-team] Talks team

Norman Garcia Aguilar dijo [Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:51:37AM -0600]:
> > talks@ - gwolf will hold down this alias for now, until the rest of
> > the team is added.  (has this replaced the old committee@ alias?)
>
> Im in scheduling team, it is the same? :)

I'm currently assembling the talks team - It's not moving as fast as I
expected, but it's... slowly forming :)

The talks actually are handled by at least four teams, which can be
separate, and often are (as they involve very different activities,
and IMO would lead to burnout if the same group is involved for all of
it):

• Talks selection (what we are discussing here, talks@): Equivalent to
  an academic committee. We will:
  ‣ Go through the list of talks/papers sent (they are already
    public¹), and select those for an "official" status
  ‣ Arrange tracks, recruit track coordinators

• Proceedings: If enough people submit full articles for their talks,
  we will try to assemble proceedings. I'd love to get them properly
  printed. But anyway, even if they stay electronic only - the
  proceedings team is the people in charge of getting them together in
  a coherent, even æsthetically pleasing way.

• Pre-conf scheduling: Come up with a master schedule (that
  can/should(?) be done together with the talks selection tean) with
  timeslots for the different kinds of activities; the timeslots
  should be able to accomodate for the different activity types, and
  include the non-official talks as well. Then, schedule registered
  activities, giving priority to officially scheduled activities, and
  checking with presenters' arrival/departure dates. Important:
  Coordinate _always_ with the video team, as they are always near
  exhaustion and we don't want them to hate us.

• On-site scheduling: After DebConf starts, the schedule keeps
  moving. Usually it's not a heavy-lifting task, but it does require
  probably two people to be available for last-minute changes to the
  schedule. Historically we have frozen the schedule of each day one
  day in advance (i.e. we don't schedule anything for the next day
  after 18:00)

Greetings,

¹ https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc11/all_events