Re: [Debconf-team] Registration plan / pentabarf changes

Hi,

This is an update on the latest registration plan / pentabarf
changes.  I have one idea to make it easier.  This is updated due to
the decision that we can't have people book directly with the hotels.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 06:32:10PM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:

> Pentabarf changes
> =================
>
> remove these fields:
> - disabilities (we'll have people mail registration@ diectly)
> - computer
> - OK being photographed (unless someone will actually do something
>   with it)
> - address except country   (do we need this for anything here?)
> - "special transport requirements" - we'll have them mail
>   registration@ directly
>

> hide these fields (the proper way -- these fields get activated later
> on):
> - reconfirm attendance
> - day trip
> - maybe 'assassins' too, until someone agrees to run it

Registration categories
-----------------------

- Corporate registration (€1000)
- Professional registration (€450)
- Sponsored registration
- Basic registration (no accommodation)

Accommodation (same as DC10):
- Regular Room[0]
- I will arrange my own accommodation

( Question: since we have the double bed situation, do you think a
  "couple's room" option would be useful for planning?  room
  preference specifying roommate would still be required.)

Food:
- same as DC10

[0] To make things easier, I have a better idea than "not display
regular room for 'basic'".  Instead, in the "submission controller"
(not sure if that's right), have it reject saving with Regular Room
for basic registration.  I think that should be easier to do, and I
know there should be examples in there somewhere.

All of this should be pretty standard and done before.

If anyone has comments on this, let us know.

- richard