Re: [Debconf-team] Proposed dates for DebConf12

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Leandro,

Hey Tiago!

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:10:02 -0600, Leandro Gómez wrote
> Hi,
>
> As suggested in #-team, we made a wiki with proposed dates for DebConf12.
> You can find it over here:
>
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Dates
>
> Based on the information we have, the local team proposes either
> option A or B for DebConf12.

I haven't much to say, both options sounds good to me. However, I have a
concern about scheduling Day Trip during local holidays, once relaxing places
could get crowded and more expensive than on regular days (don't know if it
works like that in Managua though).

Nicaraguans usually go on vacations around Easter Week and the week before and after New Year's Eve. On those dates, everything is crowded and expensive.

Like many countries in the Southern Hemisphere, Nicaragua have an academic year that lasts from February or March to November or December, so most kids are in school in July/August. This is maybe the main reason why there's not much local tourism on these dates.

Thanks for all details, the wikipage is very well organized.

Thank you! :D

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org