Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] Questions to ask in Banja Luka today

> Questions for Hotel Bosna

> - can you tell us total number of rooms, and total number of beds, by
>  the time we sign something / pay deposits?

80 single/french
40 double room

> - If people book directly with the hotel, will the hotel accept
>  deposits and whatever normally, and not charge us if they don't
>  show, and deal themselves with any reservation changes etc.

Yes.

My solution on this one is that in case this happens, we put someone
else (sponsored) in that room, as we are in need of room. How would
this work? Email the lists with this information that a room in Bosna
is free and I'm sure it'll be occupied by someone in matter of
minutes.

> Bosna food:

> - How many days in advance do you need to know the number of people?

This is how this is going to be solved, in Penta there will be a field
for both sponsored and professional if they want food. In case
sponsored attendee picked food, we'll pay for his food, in case
professional picked for his food he'll pay for his food. Now question
if some of them won't appear on launch or dinner or they'll go out to
eat is their thing, as the meal will be ready for them.

As I previously said, because there's so many of us this will be based
on principle of "swedish table"/banquet.

> - How will payment work?  We don't want to pay for everyone for every
>  meal since they won't all eat them.

This is impossible to deal with, I propose we have certain amount of
money reserved for food, in case it turns out less (because in this
case it can't be any more) we send that money to next debconf budget.

> - Do they care about the exact number of people who eat?

No.

> - Can they accept payments directly from
> - The number of people will be variable.  We can't predict the number
>  of people  per meal.

I couldn't agree more. That's why I suggest it to be as I said above.
I've been to many hotels, and the most exclusive hotels around the
world do this the same way, same principle.

Adnan