Re: [Debconf-team] Global team meeting, Tuesday March 29, 20:00 UTC

Holger Levsen dijo [Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 02:02:57PM +0100]:
> > There is a global team meeting scheduled for tomorrow.  The agenda is
> > below.  The biggest highlights will probably be deciding a
> > registration scheme and our preferred local logistics plans,
> > debian&diva, and CFP.
>
> IMO releasing a CfP ASAP should have highest priority atm. Other points need
> to be discussed and decided too, but we need this CfP *now*. (also but not
> only for coorporate sponsors - we also need to get great content for the
> conference itself.)

Although I agree we need a CfP ASAP, I think it's self-defeating to
have a CfP out before registration is working. People will start
scratching their heads... So, I know registration is _almost_ there,
but not quite yet. It should be done _soon_. But until then, I'd much
rather ask you to hold CfP - After all, we don't have to capture
audience. Debian people knows we have a DebConf cooking, and will
probably start brushing up their ideas even if we didn't have a CfP at
all.