Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] [DC11] Accommodation

Hi,

This is good news, but some logistical stuff...

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:15:26PM +0100, Adnan Hodzic wrote:

> * I meet with president of Hotel Bosna, talked to him, told him all
> our requests. They are able to accommodate 160 people at the times we
> asked. From 17 to 24th it's going to be 60 to 80 people, on 24th the
> rest of 100-80 would join them. Food, we previously figured out, it
> would be best for all of us to eat together. This too will be done in
> Hotel Bosnia where *everybody* will be able to eat. They did the same
> thing for World Championship couple of years ago, so this won't
> represent a problem to them.

What kind of rooms/beds are these?  What room types (based on the
price list) and how many are they reserving for us?

Did you look into having food at the venue, instead of the hotel, as
we had asked?  It would be good to look at this alternative:

  No food at any hotel (to get discounts there), and cater food to the
  venue.

This would normally be preferred, but until we need someone to look
into it or else we can't go deciding.

> Incredible stuff, I didn't take any pictures since I'm actually
> planning to have someone from local team in Banja Luka go and take
> pictures in next couple of days. But what I saw is absolutely amazing,
> campus is great, it looks really great, rooms are also very good. Even
> better, the distance of 1.5km ... it's basically walking straight and
> then just making a left turn, it's not zig-zag or anything.

If we use the dorms, that means some people will have a very short
walk and some a very long walk.  This inequity isn't fun, and
generally sleeping near venue is greatly preferred anyway.

We had heard/seen that there were other more affordable hotels nearby
(meaning, cheaper than Hotel Bosna, even with discount).  Since we
have so much money from the government to work with, someone there
should look into these prices to see what the actual options are.

Thanks,

- Richard