Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 Sponsorship Team Meeting

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 23. März 2011, Moray Allan wrote:
> I still don't see why delaying the sponsorship team meeting is helpful.

me neither. Enis?

we are *not* ready, thats why we *need* to meet, to discuss, to get ready.

And then it's also not much what is missing to aquire sponsors:

- sponsorship brochure for dc11 is ready
- final report dc10 is only missing numbers from SPI & final writeup
- CfP would be nice but not mandatory (even the dc10 final report is not
mandatory)

> If there is some problem on the local team aspects, I would still
> suggest that a 'global' sponsorship meeting is held very soon.  Before
> long we will certainly be too late to get sponsorship from our regular
> sponsors -- and there's a risk that if they don't sponsor this year,
> they won't come back to us so easily for the next one, as budgets will
> have been reallocated.

/me nods

cheers,
	Holger