Re: [Debconf-team] DC10 final report almost done, please review

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:22:05AM -0300, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> It's supposed to be all done, except for missing budgeting numbers (which we're
> working on), so it's time to report/commit *any* issue you notice.
>
> http://tiagovaz.org/archive/FinalReport-DC10-20110322.1.pdf

Comments are here.  It is late and I read fast.  Also, some comments
are up to your discretion if you want to fix or not:

First, I'd recommend moving these sections towards the beginning of
the report.  They are the ones most interesting to sponsors, and most
get the impact of DebConf to the reader sooner (before they give up).
In general, I'd try to order roughly in the order a sponsor would be
interested in and want to fund...

  DebCamp, Debian Day (?), talk selection, personal impressions,
  social events, video team,

Other things:

page 10: "X in squeeze" authors need comma between them

page 10: Gale Brewer's talk, mention what the committee belongs to:
NYC city council.

p11, lightning talks: "Scrapper wiki" -> "Scraper wiki"

page 14: I'd probably make track coordinators larger.

page 16, first paragraph: think -> thank

page 17: first paragraph is smaller typeface

page 19, bottom first column: *not* -> bold not?  (up to you)

page 21: first paragraph is smaller typeface.

page 23: first paragraph is smaller typeface.

page 25: first paragraph is smaller typeface

page 25: "*all*" -> bolded all (is that better?).  Same for "*and*" in
second column.

page 26: first paragraph is smaller typeface

page 26: lunch caption is confusing, it is probably dinner.

page 27: first paragraph is smaller typeface.

page 28: first paragraph smaller typeface

page 29: URLs are awkward.  instead of Videoteam/Help, point to
credits at the end?  The other one... not sure.

page 31, second paragraph: Debconf -> DebConf.

page 31: first paragraph of the impressions are smaller typeface.
s/Venue/venue/.

page 32: first paragraph are smaller typeface.

page 33: first paragraphs of impressions are smaller typeface.

page 34: first paragraph smaller typeface.  You know, really, look at
all pages for this...

page 40, second paragraph: "also attended to DebCamp" -> "also
attended DebCamp"

page 40: under "attendee status", could DebConf and DebCamp be
switched?

page 41: encourajed -> encouraged (second paragaph)

page 42: should "Mrs. Miggins" really be in the credits?

pace 44: maybe make "Video team" start on this page instead of being
broken onto two pages?

Awesome work.  I can't believe DC10 is almost going to really be
over...

- Richard