Re: [Debconf-team] howto deal with debian/debconf money at ffis (and spi)

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 03:55:27PM +0000, Moray Allan wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > So, I think we should do this: ask ffis e.V. if they are willing to spawn a
> > DebConfX account each year, then we give the DPL and the Debian auditor
> > direct access to that ffis account too and then close this account at
> > the "end of the DebConf year" (whenever that is)
>
> When should this should be?
>
> In the past we've not been good at closing down income and expenses --
> with some late sponsor payments, and occasional expenses long after
> DebConf (like the DC10 delivery-related charges).  It might be better
> to set a deadline in advance, then deal with things after that date as
> special cases, rather than wait for 100% of income and expenses to be
> definitely already processed.

Indeed.  I would support some deadline, like two months.  Debian
should enforce it, even.  Two months seems reasonable, but depends on
the local logistics...

Part of my yearly management proposal was to have a deadline for
submitting travel reimbursement forms.  Travel reimbursement seems to
be one of the slowest things.

Then, return all money to Debian, in two parts: "surplus" and "money
for travel reimbursements", along with a list of names and amounts to
reimburse to.  SPI/FFIS/etc does the reimbursing out of what we gave
them (now in Debian's acconuts), and DebConf's books can be closed.
If some people don't claim their money... Debian gets it.

Of course, debconf people should help SPI/FFIS manage reimbursements
as needed...

Other late and unexpected payments can be handled as some sort of
exception... either Debian pays and reduces DebConf equity, if it's
small, or debconf's books can be changed.

- Richard