Re: [Debconf-team] Taiwanese attendee

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:19:27AM +0100, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> > A wiki page would be a good place to track the general issues raised.
> > But you should not put people's personal data there, unless they
> > specifically want to advertise their travel intentions.
>
> I do agree with this, is it too risky to have their names on wiki
> list? At this point, this would generally be used for statistics.

Traditionally the wiki would be used for public information, and split
out the private data somewhere else.

For example, do all the visa planning on the wiki (DebConf11/Visas
page, separate from the attendee visa wiki page), and the team keeps a
list of attendees per country in debconf-team svn (it could even be
more private, not in svn).  Then put summary statistics in the wiki
page sometimes.  The wiki page should, for example, describe the
different problems with certain countries, and what we can do about
them.

This would be my preferred strategy: everything public, except the
specific things that need to not be.

I think if you follow this strategy, everyone will be very happy.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

- Richard

p.s.: Right now there is
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Travel-Visa  (seems attendee oriented)
and
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Visas (seems team oriented)
It's up to you how to best use them.  I don't want to micromanage.