Re: [Debconf-team] Taiwanese attendee

On 12423 March 1977, Velimir Iveljic wrote:

> i've looked into this some more and as i understand it, the only
> problem here is that in order for them to get a visa (for 90 days) is
> they have to travel far away!

> When i say "only" i don't mean it's a small problem!
> We will make some kind of arrangement for them, to get the visa not
> having to travel too far away.

> Also, everyone else from any other country with the same problem, will
> have help from regarding this, so don't worry to much!

Well, reading their webpage there is no mention of 90 days when they
talk about Taiwanese. Maybe that 5days one is a special extra thing
added as "sugar on top" with an easier way to get?

Its also hard to check the rest of their page, somehow many links either
just go plain dead or 404 out for me. Funny.

What would be good would be
 a) the assurance that there are longer ones (I would guess so, just 5
    days makes no sense)
 b) that one can get them without traveling somewhere far off, especially not
    Beijing (which is, for some Taiwanese, quite offending to have to do).

As I wrote, something better would be great to shake out, and as you do
seem to have contacts to the government, it might actually work. At
least, if you try to start soon, politicians arent the fastest
movers. :)

For numbers - well. We do have 3 DDs from Taiwan, and I know of a small
number of interested people who would like to attend DebConf, if at all
possible. So my GUESS is it stays below 10. Which means - getting this
solved in a good way should be a point to try to, but if it would take
away time from the rest of orga, then people might lose. :(

--
bye, Joerg
<mhy> Ganneff airlines: departing from a window near you