Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf11 meetings

Hi,

On Freitag, 18. März 2011, Velimir Iveljic wrote:
> Right now all of you guys (global team) are having a lot of things on
> your mind, with the DC12 decision,
> and i have noticed that on the meetings things get "pushed" to fast
> and we usually say "we'll talk it over on the list",
> but when i ask/propose stuff here on the list, just a few ppl even notices
> it. Then when i ask on #debconf-team you say "write it on the list"...and
> so it goes in circles, until somebody asks "oooh, but what about this and
> that"...
>
> Just something i noticed..maybe i'm a little lost in everything if
> nobody else thinks this way.

No, I think we are all a bit lost in some areas. Some more, some less, also
depending on what.

I think we could use more permant documents to track status of things. And one
document (probably on wiki.debconf.org, maybe just use
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Teams ?) to track those other
documents with the details.

For example, for tracking status of our sponsors, we use a file,
sponsors-table, which is in the debconf-team repository. This worked well for
debconf10 and I hope^wthink it will work well for dc11 as well :)

I would suggest to use files in svn for tracking other areas as well:
accomodation, food, cfp, ...

But then it's left to those who do the work, how to do the work... but if we
as a team dont have a way to update ourselves on the current status, we are
more likely to run in circles :-)

cheers,
	Holger