Re: [Debconf-team] [rt.debconf.org #1965] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> My exact question is that I wanted to start collecting money from
> everybody, in name of Debian but calling from DIVA, apparently this
> represents a problem. So instead of collecting "global" money I'll
> start by collecting it on the regional level.

As was already discussed, for speaking to potential sponsors it should
be irrelevant *how* the money will be received.  The money is being
raised for Debian (and in particular for DebConf), and you don't yet
need to discuss which bank account it will be paid to.

We can agree the details of where the money should be paid to before
we need to receive the money, but usually companies take some time to
formally agree to sponsor, and some more time before they are actually
read to pay.

--
Moray