Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf 11 report - Feb 24

Adnan Hodzic:
> We also discussed other matters such as visas, I explained how the
> situation was with some of the attendees. Solution to this problem
> will be that, we'll start a list people that will need visas, those
> people will be granted approval to enter Bosnia on the border, all
> that those attendees need to let us know is where/what country will
> they be entering Bosnia from in case of transit. I suggest we start
> working on making this list ASAP.

Hi,

I'd propose to request official invitations for the attendees that need Visas
and send those to them in advance.
In my experience it is a very uncomfortable situation for people to travel in
a foreign country for the first time and have to trust that the guy on the
border has received some list that I can enter.
If I'd have an official letter with me that declares the purpose of my visit
and is an official invitation, then I feel a lot safer.

Just an idea, Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro