Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf 11 report - Feb 24

Hi Thomas,

On Dienstag, 8. März 2011, Thomas Koch wrote:
> I'd propose to request official invitations for the attendees that need
> Visas and send those to them in advance.

We've been there, done that. It is a lot of work. (Which we plan to continue
to do, for each DebConf to come.)

> In my experience it is a very uncomfortable situation for people to travel
> in a foreign country for the first time and have to trust that the guy on
> the border has received some list that I can enter.
> If I'd have an official letter with me that declares the purpose of my
> visit and is an official invitation, then I feel a lot safer.

Do you volunteer to offer your help with that? Surely most of this work needs
to be done by locals, but there are definitly ways you can help here too. Or
you could join debconf-team with some other duties?! ;-)

cheers,
	Holger