Re: [Debconf-team] Fwd: licensing question for Eben's Debconf video

On 03/13/2011 06:10 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Samstag, 12. März 2011, Andrew McMillan wrote:
>> I think it should be straightforward for us to agree to this, since it
>> is a request for *additional* licensing, not a request to change
>> existing licensing.  Also, since the requested additional license is
>> generally more restrictive than the existing license it should make it
>> even more easy for us to agree.

[snip]

> (but the point/question from my previous mail still stands, _we_ have to
> change the licence - or?)

If everyone is happy with us taking a copy under CC-BY-SA, then the
cleanest way to do it is for someone from the debian video team to post
it to the internet archive under that license. Alternately, an email
message here saying something like the following would be fine:

"For copyright purposes, I am the author of the video at
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2010/debconf10/high/1252_How_We_Can_Be_the_Silver_Lining_of_the_Cloud.ogv
and I give you permission to make use of this video under the terms of
the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license located here:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/";

-Ian