Re: [Debconf-team] [rt.debconf.org #1965] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

Hi Richard,

On Donnerstag, 17. März 2011, Richard Darst wrote:
> Local team is working on getting us exact cost (should be a
> discount).  Also a consideration is how many cheaper rooms they have.
>
> We also asked localteam to investigate the dorms further, so we should
> know more about them soon.

cool, thanks for tracking!

> > Who is doing accounting this year?
> I offered to try (and am on the teams page for it now),

yay!

> but I only
> want to try if I have a chance of succeeding.  It's hard when you
> aren't at DebConf and you can't see account balances or transactions.

I actually think you might have a better chance in succeeding if you are *not*
at DebConf, as you wont be distracted by all the fun we're gonna having! :-D

And if its chrystal clear, that all expenses and incomes should be
communicated+accounted to you, I think this will also work out for real. We
know how to send emails :)

> I have been thinking about how we can make DC11 accounting better than
> the DebConfs I can remember, and I'll start a discussion on it once
> the current meta-discussion about decision process is done (or ask
> me).  I welcome comments before then, of course.

Maybe rt.debconf.org can help? I've recently started to use the cli interface
to clean spam (slowly) and deal with the tickets which accumulated over time.

cheers,
	Holger