Re: [Debconf-team] [rt.debconf.org #1965] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

Updates from IRC:

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:48:33PM +0100, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> > This "contract" is what is needed to disburse money to a person?
>
> Yep, and tax fee will be 10% for each. We (DC11 team) signed these to
> get sponsorships from Government to get to DC10 in NYC.

Tax would not apply when paying hotel or food or other costs,
directly.  Only travel sponsorship and other reimbursements.

> > Is the government handling the accommodation and food for sponsored
> > attendees, separate from the NGO?  This is what some of us had
> > understood.
>
> Consider government money as the DIVA NGO money from now on. They
> decided to give us all the money, so we can distribute it among
> ourselves (NGO's) towards what's needed.

Big update:

Government pays for venue+security there directly.  The government is
*not* paying for hotels or food directly, that has to come out of our money.

150,000€ is what the government gives us for other costs, _including_
food and accommodation.  (before global team had thought 150,000€
would not have to cover accom and food).

> > To facilitate this, could you start working up a list of expected
> > costs, and who is paying them if they are know (for example, gov
> > paying directly for hotel and food and venue and not having to pass
> > through us).  For now, just use whatever format is most convenient and
> > we can start making real budget spreadsheet or whatever later.
>
> Okay, I'll start working on this once and have it delivered ASAP.

Thanks.  (When we have this we should have more info on the number of
rooms available at each cost, and other practicalities.)  I made this
page to start collecting information:
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Accommodation

Thanks,

- richard