Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf discussion: Venue bid process

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:05:40AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> A couple of details that remain to be settled are: the number of chairs
> (I suggest 3) and the actual names. Since they are going to be delegates
> I reserve the right to make the final decision, but I would appreciate
> proposals from this list (either in public or in private, I don't

Hearing what people think, here is a proposal:

Three people on this committee.  Each year, one person retires and one
new person, active in the most recent debconf, gets appointed.

These people aren't necessarily all expected to do a lot each year,
but to serve as an advisory board, make sure things don't get
forgotten by the current active team, and serve as mediators somewhat.
Ideally, there will be a new group of people doing the bulk of the
leading, to provide new views to the advisory committee.

- richard