Re: [Debconf-team] Official announcement of Managua BID for Debconf12

Eduardo Rosales dijo [Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 04:34:47PM -0600]:
> We are proud to announce the DebConf12 bid for Managua, Nicaragua. Managua
> is the capital city of Nicaragua as well as the department and municipality
> by the same name. It is the largest city in Nicaragua in terms of population
> and geographic size. Its tropical climate, varied topography, fertile soils
> and abundant water sources, make a city of Managua with a wide variety of
> flora, which dominates much of its horizon.

\o/

Since my travel to Nicaragua (June 2009, for the First
Central-American Free Software Encounter, ECSL) I have been pestering
this fine community to push for hosting a DebConf there. I cannot be
impartial here: I really want Nicaragua to host DC12!

> (...)
> The Debconf12 will be organized by the local community of Debian in
> Nicaragua with the support of our peer communities. Basically, the Organiz
> ing Committee is composed of the coordinators of the First Central American
> Meeting of Free Software 2009[1] and over 90 events organized[2] in the
> country and abroad, having an unique organizational experience.

About the team: The various Central American countries' communities
work together as one big local team. For the ECSL meetings so far,
although there are always details, they displayed a great ability to
work together. They organized a mini-DebConf in Panamá in March 2010,
and I completely stand by them on this.

Oh, and Nicaragua is very visa-friendly ;-) This has been known as a
very important point in the past.

Guys, you rock \o/