[Debconf-team] Official announcement of Managua BID for Debconf12

We are proud to announce the DebConf12 bid for Managua, Nicaragua. Managua is the capital city of Nicaragua as well as the department and municipality by the same name. It is the largest city in Nicaragua in terms of population and geographic size. Its tropical climate, varied topography, fertile soils and abundant water sources, make a city of Managua with a wide variety of flora, which dominates much of its horizon.

The average temperature ranges between 28 and 32 degrees Celsius.

Managua has been ranked the safest city in America, with the second lowest crime rate in Latin America after Uruguay.

The Debconf12 will be organized by the local community of Debian in Nicaragua with the support of our peer communities. Basically, the Organizing Committee is composed of the coordinators of the First Central American Meeting of Free Software 2009[1] and over 90 events organized[2] in the country and abroad, having an unique organizational experience.

You can take a look at our bid here: http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf12/Bids/Managua

[1]http://softwarelibre.ca/node/12
[2]http://linuxtour.org/Portada