Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 12 sponsorship brochure and sponsors levels

On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 23:56 +0000, Moray Allan wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Norman García <norman@riseup.net> wrote:
> > Another suggestion is to add the two "Debian Day benefits" to steel level and higher, so we will not have a special sponsor level for Debian Day.
>
> As I previously said on IRC, my initial feeling would be to include
> the main Debian Day benefits in the normal categories (for example,
> for steel and above, as you say), but to charge a separate fee for
> Debian Day stands.
>
> But rather than say more myself, I'd like to hear more on this (and
> the general sponsorship proposals) from people who actively worked in
> the sponsorship team in recent years!

That sounds right to me.  I haven't worked on sponsorship for DebConf
but I did run sponsorship for Linux.Conf.AU for two years.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
   Do not underestimate the value of print statements for debugging.