Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] Daytrip (again)

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org> wrote:
> Moray, sorry if I misunderstood your message[0], but it seems you're proposing
> that Debconf supports rafting in daytrip, even after the team's agreement in
> the meeting on Monday 25 April that it wouldn't happen at all[1]:

I personally have no interest in the rafting, and would be quite happy
to see it forgotten altogether.  'My' proposal was simply trying to
make concrete what the local team have proposed so that we can discuss
it.  I have in fact spent a lot of time online over the last months,
and while I was in Banja Luka, explaining why the rafting was not
appropriate as the point of the main day trip, etc.

But I *don't* think that it is universally discrimination against
wheelchair-users to allow some other people to do something that they
can't.  Or should we also ban all use of projectors/slides in the
talks, as our blind attendees cannot see them?

To be clear, if you read what I wrote, you would see that this
proposal was based around a great majority of people *not* going
rafting, but allowing a few people who wanted go rafting to do so.
The local team's proposed place for the day trip lunch overlooks the
rafting course, so this doesn't require separating people.

--
Moray