Re: [Debconf-team] blanking bank information from penta

Richard Darst dijo [Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 04:56:39PM -0400]:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 03:40:32PM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
>
> > If people say "yes" I will make SQL code and get someone to apply it.
>
> And here is the code:
>
> BEGIN;
> UPDATE person SET iban=NULL, bic=NULL, bank_name=NULL, account_owner=NULL;
> COMMIT;
>
> To blank logs, too:
> BEGIN;
> UPDATE log.person SET iban=NULL, bic=NULL, bank_name=NULL, account_owner=NULL;
> COMMIT;
>
> It might be wise for someone who claims to know SQL (not me) check
> these.  I'm also not sure if I missed something obvious here making
> the code invalid...

Now, some people (me included :) ) entered the data and expect it to
still be there. My bank account holds no secrets and is not private at
all — You are free to deposit as many euros, dollars or whatever
currency you want in it!

In any case, if you do blank it, make sure we notify travel-sponsored
people to fetch and enter that information again.