Re: [Debconf-team] Getting DebConf attendees reimbursed quickly for travel costs

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 10:15:14AM +0100, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> > ffis needs the paper version.
>
> IIRC most years my sponsorship has gone through SPI, are they the same?

SPI is a US nonprofit, FFIS is a separate German nonprofit.
Historically, FFIS handles European reimbursement via bank transfer,
the rest of the world is via SPI, usually.  Both get varying amounts
of sponsor money in and spend money for us, depending on the year.
The entire scheme can vary a lot depending on DebConf's continent,
country, etc.

SPI can take electronic forms and receipts (the advantage of getting
stuff on-site here is being able to tally it up, make reimbursements,
and close books quickly.  Electronic could still be possible here, I
think).

- Richard