[Debconf-team] Draft confirmation message

There's a draft confirmation-of-attendance message at:

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/ConfirmationMessage

We need to make sure we agree on the deadline in the message (3 July,
but the local team need to confirm this is fine), then get this sent
out as soon as possible.

I've pasted in a few of the previous years' versions of this below
(the ones I found on a quick search), if you want to compare.

--
Moray

Confirmation Period
-------------------

The time for DebConf4 is coming. Less than a month to begin the fifth
edition of the Debian Conference [1].

The registration period is almost over. Everybody that have registered
should be receiving, in the next moments, a confirmation email. By
receiving this email **you are NOT yet confirmed**. You should enter the
URL pointed by that email to update your data and confirm your
registration. Please! Note that unconfirmed registrations **will not**
be validated.

The confirmation period starts now and goes until May 2nd. If you
haven't received any emails asking for confirmation (or have lost
yours), please, enter the following URL:

http://www.debconf.org/debconf4/register/

... and select the "Confirm your registration" option.

After we have collected the confirmation data, we'll send another round
of emails (and we'll publish new data on our website) with important
information for confirmed attendees.

DebConf6 will take place from the 14 May to the 22th 2006 in Oaxtepec,
Mexico.  It is preceded by an unofficial work camp called "debcamp",
From=20the 6th to the 12th of May.=20
On the 13th May, Debian Day, an information day for users, the press and
Important People will be held. This will be mostly in spanish, and
partly translated.

This is the final call for registrations or, if you already registered,
for reconfirmation that you will attend the conference. The deadline for
the reconfirmation is 03. April 2006, 23:59:59 UTC!

If you have not yet registered yourself and want to participate this years
Debian Conference then please go to [1] *now* and enter your data. Then
follow the rest of this mail to confirm your attendance.

If you have already registered then go to [2], log in to your account and
make sure to check the "I confirm my attendance" checkbox if
you still plan to come. If your plans have changed, or you don't check
that checkbox, you will not be considered for free accommodation and
food. You would still be able to attend debconf, but you would have to
pay fully for your lodgings and meals at the hotel.=20

Lets repeat that, as this is important: You *NEED* to confirm that you
attend DebConf before the 3th April 2006, 23:59:59 UTC or YOU MUST PAY
YOURSELF.

Please also add your flight number and arrival/departure date (at the
airport). We need to know these for booking/planning the hotel.

You can check for other people arriving at the same time at [3].
Check the "keep my flight info private" if you don't want your
information to be visible to other participants.

It is highly unlikely that we will be able to hand out notebooks
this year. We recommend that you bring your own if you want to
use the network for work.

Please also read the mail about room allocation, you can find it at [4].

Reminder: DebConf7 Reconfirmation Phase
---------------------------------------

We would like to ask you to reconfirm your attendance by May 3. Please
go to

https://penta.debconf.org/submission/dc7/person

and make sure to check the "Reconfirm Attendance" checkbox ("General"
tab) if you still plan to come. If your plans changed or you don't check
that checkbox, you will not be considered for the sponsored
accommodation and food (if you asked for it). You can still
attend debconf, but you will have to pay in full for your lodging and
meals at the venue.

If you haven't already - please also look through all other options and
fill in those you missed earlier, or correct data if your plans have
changed.

It is highly unlikely that we will be able to hand out notebooks
this year. We recommend that you bring your own if you want to
use the network or work.

If you want to know what events have been planned, visit

https://penta.debconf.org/schedule/dc7/events

which has a complete list of all submitted events. You are still free to
submit any new event, for that simply visit

https://penta.debconf.org/submission/dc7/event

and fill in the details.

We are now starting the reconfirmation period for DebConf8.  Which ends on
Sunday, June 15th.  If you don't reconfirm your attendance before that
deadline, you won't be counted for food, lodging, t-shirts, proceedings, etc.
Also, you won't be eligible for food or lodging sponsorship.

If you are going to attend as Professional or Corporate, we ask you to please
make the corresponding payment during this period too.  See below.

Instructions
============

In order to reconfirm, you need to login into your pentabarf account [1], and
tick the "Reconfirm Attendance" box.  You will also need to state the dates
that you will be present at the conference.

[1]: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc8/person

Please, *PLEASE*, do not reconfirm your attendance unless you know for sure
that you are coming to DebConf8. If you reconfirm but then don't come, this
will be counted against you for the next DebConf's sponsorship decisions.

If you are waiting to know if you'll be granted travel sponsorship or not, then
please wait until you know for sure that you are coming before reconfirming.
If the deadline comes and you still don't know because of this, please send us
a mail and let us know.

Room preferences
================

We have added a new box, called "Room preference" which will allow you to
enter whom you would like to share a room with.  Even if you don't have any
particular preferences, please state if you smoke/don't smoke, snore/don't
snore, etc.  Rooms will be of 2, 3 or 4 people, if you want to be near some
other friends, we can try to make it happen.  Please give us as much
information as possible.

Attendance fee
==============

If you are attending as a Professional or Corporate attendee, you have
requested a single room or are attending DebCamp without a specific workplan,
we ask you to please pay your attendance fee before June 15th.  To do that, go
to [2], and fill in the amounts.  This is Click&Pledge by SPI, and will allow
you to pay by credit card.

[2]: http://debconf8.debconf.org/payments

The Corporate attendance fee is USD 1000 per week, The Professional attendance
fee is USD 300 per week, but is discounted to USD 250 per week for early
registrants (before May 31st), however, to help DebConf organization a bit
more, you might choose to pay the full fee even if you registered early.

For a single room, another USD 250 per week are required for Professional or
Independent attendees, while there is no extra charge for Corporate attendees.

If you are coming to DebCamp as an Independent without a specific work plan,
then we ask you to please pay for your food and lodging by paying USD 250 for
that week.

If you have any doubts regarding how much you need to pay, please mail
rooms@debconf.org.

--
Besos,
Marga

=============
Hello,

We are now starting the reconfirmation period for DebConf9. The
reconfirmation period ends on Sunday 7 June.  If you don't reconfirm
your attendance before the deadline, you won't be counted for food,
lodging, t-shirts, proceedings, etc.  Also, you won't be eligible for
food or lodging sponsorship.

If you have registered as a Professional or Corporate attendee, we
also ask you to please make the corresponding payment during this
period.  Due to the difficult financial conditions, we encourage all
attendees make a donation towards the costs of DebConf, if possible.
See below.

Instructions
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

To reconfirm, you need to login into your pentabarf account [1], and
tick the "Reconfirm Attendance" box. You also need to fill in the
dates that you will be present at the conference.  If you haven't
already - please also look through all other options and fill in those
you missed earlier, or correct the data if your plans have changed.
(For our records, please remember to fill out your country.)

[1]: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/submission/dc9/person

You must have arrival and departure dates filled in, or you won't be
counted.  Please tell us the times you expect to arrive at *C=E1ceres*,
and when you plan to leave the conference.  If you want to arrange
group travel to/from the conference, use [2] but please still fill in
your final C=E1ceres arrival times in pentabarf so we know when to
expect you, and when to have rooms ready for those staying in the
sponsored accommodation.

[2]: http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Debconf9/Travel/TrainBooking

Please, *PLEASE*, do not reconfirm your attendance unless you know for
sure that you are coming to DebConf9.  If you reconfirm but then don't
come, this will be counted against you for the next DebConf's
sponsorship decisions.  Of course, if you reconfirm and end up not
being able to come, cancelling sooner is better than not telling us.

If you are waiting to know if you'll be granted travel sponsorship or
not, then please wait until you know for sure that you are coming
before reconfirming.  If the deadline comes and you still don't know
because of this, please send us a mail and let us know.

Room preferences
We have added a new box, called "Room preference" which will allow you
to enter whom you would like to share a room with or you would like to
be near.  Even if you don't have any particular preferences, please
state if you smoke/don't smoke, snore/don't snore, etc. Most of the
rooms will be for 2-4 people.

At present we will only have a very limited number of single rooms
that will be available.  We will give preference to those with special
needs and Corporate/Professional attendees. Please also indicate any
preference in this regard in the "Room preference" field.

Attendance fee and donations
=3D=3D=3D

If you are attending as a Professional or Corporate attendee, or are
attending DebCamp without a specific workplan, we ask you to please
pay your attendance fee before Sunday 7 June.

We also encourage anyone who wants to help make DebConf a success to
make a donation towards the costs of the conference.  This will be
very helpful this year.  You can choose to register as a Professional,
or pay some amount as a separate donation.

You can make payments in EUR (through FFIS) by bank transfer or USD
(through SPI) using a credit card [3].  There are also other payment
options available.  Be sure to select the right category for the
payment (attendance fee or donation).

[3]: http://debconf9.debconf.org/payments.xhtml

The Corporate attendance fee is EUR 1000 per week. The Professional
attendance fee is EUR 300 per week.  Conversions to USD are given on
the payment page.  Please contact sponsors@debconf.org if you have any
questions.

If you are coming to DebCamp as an Independent without a specific work
plan, then we ask you to please pay for your food and lodging by
paying EUR 300 for that week.