Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorlogos sizes mismatch

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
Hi,

the sponsor logos currently vary greatly in size. This is not so great. (Many
steel+bronze sponsors logos are bigger than our gold and platinum sponsors.)

So I was thinking we should define maximum sizes, but this is a bit difficult
as some are wider than high and some are rather square/round.

Yes, indeed. It will be difficult to set arbitrary sizes for the logos but we can aim for maximum allowed sizes for each category.
So we need something like:

- not more than 4000 pixels.
- not wider than 100 pixels
- not higher than 100 pixels

This would allow logos of 100x40 or 40x100 or 64x64.

I've not looked how big the current logos are and I dont really care what we
choose, but we *must* have them consistent.

Can someone (yes, you!) please come up with realistic + workable maximums and
adopt the logos in size? TIA! This should also be documented in a file in svn,
probably next to the logos itself.

Something like this?�http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21510751/sponsor_logos.png

I have the svg sources, so I can volunteer for this task, resize all the logos and export them to a jpg/png format if someone else upload them to svn.

Cheers,

cheers,
� � � �Holger

P.S.: on a related note, one logo has link-text below it. IMO we must remove
this, or give all sponsors additional link-texts should they want to. I'm
strongly in favor of removing this text.