Re: [Debconf-team] propostal web watch debconf11 with html5

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> I agree with what Jeorg is doing here, but I don't think this
> could/should be applied to promotional channels. Using
> newspapers/magazine is non-free, same case in case we manage to get TV
> station to follow whole DebConf, TV is non-free ...

Promoting DebConf over non-free channels, to reach the audience
already using those channels, is understandable, but the discussion
here was about actively encouraging all visitors to our official
website to use non-free software, which is not something that Debian
would in general be happy about.

(And, FWIW, newspapers/magazines have non-free content, but the
process of printing itself is certainly free/open by now.  And
newspapers/magazines don't try to claim rights over us because they
printed our advert.)

--
Moray