Re: [Debconf-team] propostal web watch debconf11 with html5

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 08:58:17AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 12478 March 1977, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> > +10!
> >> http://valessiobrito.info/tmp/dc11/webwatch/
> > I'm loving it, could just add Twitter besides Chat on IRC or before
> > Identi.ca? I think once completed we should add this on main page
> > below the "menu" and above from "Latest News".
>
> Independent of how the design looks, just let me shoot a mis-conception
> / very bad idea:
>
> It is fine if people use facebook/twitter/flickr/youtube/whatever to
> promote DebConf. If it is clear they are doing it on their own, it is
> NOT DebConf (or Debian) doing it.
>
> But our website should NOT ever include a non-free service. Either there
> is a free one, then link/use that, or DebConf provides its own. One of
> the two. If none works, then leave a feature out of the website.
>
> (That also includes any kind of JS or whatever which might be
> included. Either we legally can distribute it, or we should not have it)
>
> Sorry, but we are a free conference, promoting free and open - not
> closed-source stuff.

Joerg++

Fully agreed.

Regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org