Re: [Debconf-team] April 25th meeting summary / Next meeting 10 May 19 UTC

> Extending it for about two more weeks was the proposal.
>
> The discussion was about the general deadline.  Your idea of extending
> only accom, not travel, sponsorship is good.
>
> For general information: it is important to not extend the travel
> sponsorship deadline too much, since we need to evaluate people and
> allocate money ASAP.  I wish I had remembered to mention this in the
> meeting.

Yes, this was a proposal, made by me as I'm going to attend one of the
biggest international and regional Linux/Open Source oriented
conferences and I'll have opportunity to invite a lot of people.

Besides this, I just realized that we also "forgot" to send the ad for
Linux Journal, and this should've been done during the registration
period, which ends on 8th ....

I'm def. pro to extend the registration period, yet am unsure about
only sponsoring the accommodation for "extended period". We could make
selection for the people who register in this extended period more
rigorous so it's harder to get sponsored ...

Ideas?

Adnan