Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] [DC11] Accommodation

> What kind of rooms/beds are these?  What room types (based on the
> price list) and how many are they reserving for us?

As I said we're waiting for the final prices of rooms and food. For
rooms we'll be able to place 160 people, at this point we don't have
whether they are going to be single bedded/french bed or double bed. I
told him to try to give us as many as possible of two bedded rooms.
Also, I asked him about what the difference is between A Lux and B Lux
if you remember. B Lux are highly luxurious, LCD tv's, massages and
stuff like that, said that we want to go for A Lux.

> Did you look into having food at the venue, instead of the hotel, as
> we had asked?  It would be good to look at this alternative:

Of course I have, I believe you misunderstood me with this one, I
believe it was due to miscommunication. When I said we want to eat in
one place, that is at the Venue. They told me Venue is highly cultural
place, and for one such place it does seem right for people to be
eating there. That's when they told me, but we could arrange this to
be done at hotel. Because those 600 people rafting championship, they
wanted the same thing and they ate at Bosna Hotel. So that's what we
are going as well, even though I'm still planning to have official
dinner at the Venue big talk room.

>  No food at any hotel (to get discounts there), and cater food to the
>  venue.
>
> This would normally be preferred, but until we need someone to look
> into it or else we can't go deciding.

We are getting discounts on food as well, cater food, everything as we desire.

> If we use the dorms, that means some people will have a very short
> walk and some a very long walk.  This inequity isn't fun, and
> generally sleeping near venue is greatly preferred anyway.

True, that's why I was planning to have shuttles leaving towards Venue
each morning after breakfast. People who don't wanna walk (even though
it looks beautiful) can just hop onto shuttle and that's it.

> We had heard/seen that there were other more affordable hotels nearby
> (meaning, cheaper than Hotel Bosna, even with discount).  Since we
> have so much money from the government to work with, someone there
> should look into these prices to see what the actual options are.

Trust me, it would be a disaster if we missed what we're going to get
from Bosna right now, because it's just across the Venue, literally +
having that money from govt. Same goes for other hotels, we are going
to get at least another hotel, and for that one I'm targeting Moray's
perfect price which is basically 30+ per person :)

We will look into these other places as the registration process is happening.