Re: [Debconf-team] Question for DebConf12 bids: Costs

Hi Rogério.

Excerpts from Rogério Brito's message of Ter Mar 22 04:46:39 -0300 2011:
(...)
> On Mar 17 2011, Moray Allan wrote:
> > Food
> >
> > Belo Horizonte: $17 per person per meal (estimate $95,200)
>
> As USD$17 ~ BRL$35, I think that this is *way* above something realistic.
> Perhaps the currency exchange rates weren't taken into account?  Even more
> if one is planning on ordering in quantity.

As mentioned in previous discussions, at the time we got these prices we were
looking for hotels with conference rooms.  The three options we found were the
most expensive hotels in Belo Horizonte, and this was the cheaper one.  The
food is indeed expensive, such as the rest of the items.  We are working on the
other option today and we expect to have all the relevant information on the
wiki some time before the meeting.

Greetings.
(...)
--