Re: [Debconf-team] Registration plan / pentabarf changes

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> This person will book room directly won't go over us and everything is
> absolutely clear, but how will we know if he's even registered, if
> he's even coming?

If they want to attend DebConf, they would still need to register,
like for any other conference.

> Not sure what this means, if someone's disabled they'll be required to
> email us directly? If this is going to be done this way, in
> registration confirmation email (or other) there should be a note they
> should do so.

As has been said, the Penta field didn't actually work in the past.
Even when it was present, useful information was only gathered by
email.  Of course people need to be reminded to tell us their needs,
however the information is gathered.

> Registrations as they are now ... I'm sorry but they are complete
> mystery to me right now. There's option to apply for food and
> accommodation sponsorship, but where's travel sponsorship?

Travel sponsorship is another Penta tab, which we weren't proposing
changes to.  (Some re-wording or greater change there might be
helpful, but that's a different discussion.)

> Once person has clicked on "Sponsored" they would have three options:
>
> - Food
> - Accommodation
> - Travel

I thought you said that the hotel accommodation automatically included
food this year?  That's why we didn't propose listing it separately.
'No sponsored accommodation, but sponsored food' is normally only for
a few local helpers, who we can deal with separately.  (Those locals
often won't register before the sponsorship deadline anyway!)

> Under all of this there could be explanation how the sponsorship
> process works, and in case they are denied they'll be let know, but
> same thing is by how sponsorships are determined, that is by their
> work within the project. And so on.

In the past few years everyone who asked for sponsored accommodation
and food, who wasn't obviously not entitled to it, received this
sponsorship.  Since you say the government will pay for accommodation
and food, it doesn't seem that this year is the right time to change
that.

> + Corporate (€XXX)
>
> I'm not sure what should be displayed after this is clicked, for main
> reason I'm not sure what's happening once this is clicked. If
> professional category doesn't exist anymore, and they do things on
> their own, what does Corporate do in this case, they donate some of
> the money, that is they pay for Travel or/and Food or/and Sponsorship?

This is the conference registration fee.  Many companies and
universities are happy to pay the registration fee through their
normal processes (even if they wouldn't want to sponsor DebConf), so
there is no reason to have those people register for free, costing
Debian money.  It's not related to travel/food/accommodation.

--
Moray