Re: [Debconf-team] Fwd: licensing question for Eben's Debconf video

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 10:53 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:

> debconf-video@lists.debconf.org :) Also see
> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20110310.195129.6773ff73.en.html and
> followup.
>
> > We're trying to get all of Eben's FreedomBox-related speeches online in
> > a central place and that would be much simplified if we could have a
> > copy of Eben's DebConf video under CC-BY-SA rather than the BSD-like
> > license from the archive site
>

> > If so I'd
> > just need an email from the relevant giving Eben or SFLC permission to
> > use the video under the new license since I already have a copy of the
> > video.
>
> There main problems I have with giving this permission are this: a.) the
> licence is given by the debconf video team, I'm not the team. That should
> be "rather easy" to solve by asking debconf-video@l.dc.o. and b.) if we do
> this now, I fear other in future will ask the same. Now it's about extending
> the licence, but requests to take videos down are also thinkable. I'd like
> people to agree and stick to the terms they agreed on in the first place...

Hi Everyone,

I think it should be straightforward for us to agree to this, since it
is a request for *additional* licensing, not a request to change
existing licensing.  Also, since the requested additional license is
generally more restrictive than the existing license it should make it
even more easy for us to agree.

In any case, as a member of the DebConf Videoteam I am personally happy
for this talk to be additionally made available under the CC-BY-SA
license.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/                     Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora                                  Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
  As a contributor, avoid copyright assignment to corporate entities
  wherever possible. -- Michael Meeks