[Debconf-team] Wiki / website / organization documentation

Hi,

I just wanted to try to put us all on the same place about where to
put/find information online.  This doesn't mean it has to be this way,
it's just how things have been organized in the past, and we should
have it known if things are organized differently since otherwise
people are confused.

I am mostly sending this out so that no one misses any important local
team information.  Please chime in on if you think what I say below is
accurate.

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11

  Main planning page.  If someone wants information from an
  organizer's perspective, this'll be the first place they pull up,
  and expect there to be a link from here to the various sub-pages
  (registration, venue facilities, accommodation, travel, ...).

  Subpages here are made as things are being worked on - for example,
  I just made DebConf11/Registration describing registration plans,
  and that page will be updated and kept accurate.  Once registration
  is finalized, the executive summary will be posted to the website
  itself.

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/BanjaLuka

  This is the bid page.  Usually it is not updated much after the
  decision is made, then *actual* (instead of hoped) information is
  put on the main DebConf11 wiki page.  It could be updated with
  general information, but if actual final information is placed
  there, some people will miss it if it's not linked from DebConf11.

  Plus, if this is updated, people won't know what is new and what was
  proposed but not being followed through for the conference itself.

  This is probably the most important point here, new information
  should be collected in DebConf11 subpages, not DebConf11/BanjaLuka
  subpages unless it really needs to be.

http://debconf11.debconf.org/

  The main portal for attendees.  This has "official" information,
  focused on attendees.  Things mainly target towards organizers tend
  to go on the wiki instead.  The webpage can link to the wiki where
  that makes the most sense, and vice versa (for example, "go to this
  wiki page to coordinate arrivals with other attendees").

  As an organizer, I hardly ever look at these pages, so when stuff
  appears there I don't know about it.  Also, I usually expect things
  to be planned/discussed on the wiki first, and the wiki to have more
  detailed descriptions (for organizers) than is on the website.

What do people think about this?  Global team people, is this accurate
about how you use these different sources?

- Richard