Re: [Debconf-team] Registration

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 10:20:15PM +0100, Velimir Iveljic wrote:
> I'll try and gather as much info as i can before the next debconf-team
> meeting.
>
> A wiki page with the info could be a good idea so that everyone else is able
> to pitch in with the info.

After chatting with moray last night, here is what we came up with the
following plan (roughly).  It's based on our experiences from past
years, and trying to streamline things for the registration team as
much as possible:

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Registration

The main points for comments are:

- Remove the professional category and instead tell people to book
  directly with the hotel, to save us a lot of work.  (See my other
  message just now for questions about that)

- Will this make it harder for people to get reimbursed?

- Is it feasible to offload this much of the work to the hotel/paying
  for food on-site?

Feel free to edit the wiki page, or comment here.

- Richard