Re: [Debconf-team] Registration

Hi,

On Samstag, 5. März 2011, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> > Hint for all these: it's *much* easier if we can get non-sponsored
> > people to interact directly with the hotel, rather than being a
> > middle-man for bookings and payments.  This also avoids us having to
> > be in the argument when people want to cancel at the last moment.
> Even though this does ease a lot of things on our side to do it this
> way, we decided we can't just leave people "hanging" like this.

You don't "let people hang" if you don't proxy for them. There are plenty of
ways to support them, "not proxying" can even be one of them.

(I assume many people will actually prefer to deal with the hotel directly
instead of having a forced proxy. There also will be exceptions and surely
you can and should offer help!)

> Especially since we're planning to be in Banja Luka at least a month
> before DebCamp. So we'll actually take care of this.

There will be plenty of work to do anyway :)

cheers,
	Holger