Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 17:06:40 -0200
From: Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>
To: Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org>
Subject: Re: Permission for use, request

Hi, Adnan.

On Feb 19 2011, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> Quote of paragraphs we would like to use are:

Yes, you can use it, with the following conditions:

* you attribute me (not as anonymous);
* incorporates the grammatical/spelling fixes below;
* I explicitly license it as GPL-2+.

> """
> Even though I am late with this post, it is nice to say that I am
> writing here from this year's DebConf10, in NYC.
>
> Today (well, yesterday) was the day of the Cheese and Wine party and I
> think that it was cool, at least for the moments that I were there.
> This post, though, isn't technical in any sense. I only talks shortly

Should be read: "I only talk shortly".

> about my impressions of the community, as this is my first DebConf
> ever (despite the fact that I have been using Debian since the late
> nineties).
>
> I was very pleased to have met Bdale Garbee. I saw him the other day
> arriving with Keith Packard, but I just didn't want to disturb them at
> that point. We only talked for, say, 2 minutes, and his was one of the
> nicest receptions that I had here.
>
> And there were some other people that were equally easy to approach,
> nice to talk with and, to my surprise, knew my name after some brief
> moments (yes, this does make a difference, especially when you are in
> a strange country, when you don't know anybody with whom you have
> worked for some years). Being involved in the organization stuff, one
> would think that Jimmy Kaplowitz would be so busy, but he was so kind.
>
> I had longer conversations with Tássia Camões, Tiago Vaz (as always)
> and some other people that I had not yet had the pleasure of meeting
> in person. In particular, Daniel Baumann (who apparently is now crazy
> about our FISL and wants to drink all Guaraná that he can get :-)),
> Chris Lamb and Otávio Salvador and his mom. Those people are so cool
> and it is nice to discuss some legal issues among different continents

"and it was nice to discuss"

> in the lounge of their building at late night. :-)
> """
>
> Rogério Brito
> August 3rd, 2010
> http://rb.doesntexist.org/blog/posts/first-post-from-debconf-10/
>
> Please let us know if you give permission for us to quote your blog in
> the report.  (The report will be GPL-licensed, version 2 or later.)

Go ahead.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA