Re: [Debconf-team] Meeting with president (Feb 18 update)

> So what's reserved so far, in terms of rooms for talks and
> accommodation (numbers, sizes)?  These are all paid for directly by
> the government?

Everything that we actually ever wanted. If you remember back to
bidding process, Banski Dvori was everything we wanted from a Venue,
same goes with Hotel "Bosna" which is the largest hotel in Banja Luka.
When it comes to Banski Dvori, the large conference room may even be
too large for our needs. Please check links below for further
reference:

Venue:
http://debconf11.debconf.org/venue.xhtml

Accommodation:
http://debconf11.debconf.org/accommodation.xhtml

I'd rather not publicly disclose the reasons why these two were even
brought to question if we are getting them or not, again. Because
President from the very start promised us these premises. I'll just
say this *was* just our internal organisational issue.

I'm having another meeting tomorrow with President and Minister, so
*please let me know of anything else we need to have finished*. We had
most of these topics closed, but we need to go back to them just to
make sure:

* I'm expecting to see Banski Dvori and Hotel Bosna reserved. Someone
should report if he/they managed to reserve the whole hotel or if it
wasn't the whole place what's the capacity we are getting so we can
plan our approach with other hotels we had in plan.

On one of our meetings with old minister (govt. shift) we concluded
that we are also getting all accommodation covered by them (rest of
the hotel/s), transportation, day trip, medical and security. Now I'm
planning to go over these topics again, while the President and new
Minister are present, after this we'll be 100% sure of what we'll have
covered from govt.

After all this has been taken care of, we'll be ready to move onto a
new stage. I'm planning to bring Bosnian versions of our first
brochure with me tomorrow so I can handle few copies around. After
tomorrow we are also ready to start negotiations with every other
potential sponsor from around the globe.  While one part of the team
is working on sponsorships, I'm planning the rest of the team to deal
with Penta, since as I was thinking about it, registrations should be
open a month from now.

This is broadly what's happening with DebConf11.

See you on tonights meeting?

Adnan