Re: [Debconf-team] on talk duration, the LCA model (45 + 15 mins)

- very right
- slots > 1 h have "multiplicity" problems
  - the most far away rooms were argentina's, 15 mins ok for that
- forgotten argument: chit chat w/ the speaker

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 08:50:52PM -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> In addition to the good arguments zack made, i'll add one more:
>
>  * time for the video team to actually take a bit of a break, rather
> than scrambling continuously between talks.

Very good argument, thanks for having brought it up.

> PS note also that you may want even longer breaks if the venues are
> geographically far apart.  at DC10, the farthest distance between any

To the best of my memory, the venue where we had the largest distance
among rooms have been Argentina, but even in that case it was just 5-10
minutes of actual walk from room to room. I can hardly imagine any
suitable venue requiring more than that, and as long as times are like
those, 15 minutes of break should be more than enough (of course at that
point people who should move from one place to another will lose some of
the advantages of the break, but well, life's hard).

Another argument I forgot to mention is that the break is useful also to
enable attendees hang around and ask speakers a few questions, in case
they didn't get a chance, or didn't feel like, to do so publicly (seems
to happen fairly often here at LCA).

Cheers.