Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf discussion: Venue bid process

While much of this proposal should be uncontroversial, I would
definitely like to see some comments on the delegation aspect:

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
> - DPL delegates DebConf Committee Chairs to lead the DebConf organising process
>
> - Committee Chairs recruit additional committee members from those
> with a long-term interest in helping organise DebConf: for example,
> one or two organisers from each year's DebConf local team should be
> invited to join the committee after that DebConf is finished.
> [...]
>  * The DebConf Committee members are asked to vote to decide which bid
> to take forward.  If there is already clear consensus, this may simply
> mean voicing their assent to the apparent decision.

I'm not at all tied to this (or to other details of the proposal), but
it seems like we should have some defined way to make the final bid
decision, rather than just muddling through.

Other possibilities include:

* Insist on consensus: if more than one bid thinks they've won, wait
for one to give in through tiredness or boredom.

* Toss a coin: if there's no consensus, use a random number generator
to choose an outcome.

--
Moray