Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] Inviting certain people, Mitnick

Hi,

I would like to let you know even if you invite him and he accepts it, he will ask you a high charge for that with many conditions!

Quoted you have the reply I got from his assistance after I asked him to come to our annual floss conference in Kosovo:

Mitnick- Terms and Conditions For Engagements Held in South America, Australia, Asia and the Middle East

Format and Appearance Fee:

Ninety (90) minutes total:  Seventy-five (75) minute presentation followed by fifteen (15) minutes of open Q&A.  Fee is $25,000.00 USD, gross, plus business/first class air travel and expenses for a total of five (5) days and four (4) nights.*  This trip length allows the Speaker to have a full day of rest prior to the appearance date and one day to prepare for trip back, due to his extreme phobia of air travel.

*In the rare circumstance that the Speaker cannot get to the event location within a single day of travel, the trip length would need to be adjusted.

In addition, if an overnight layover is required in transit to/from the event, the hosting organization would be required to arrange and prepay for ground transportation in that layover city, as well as the night of accommodations in a five (5) star venue (room rate and taxes only).

Payment Terms:

All fees are paid in US dollars, via wire transfer directly to Mitnick Security Consulting.  All payments must be received in full prior to the Speaker's departure for the Event.
Two payments are required:
1) 50% of the total quoted fee, plus the calculated travel expense stipend, is due via wire transfer at the time of your organization’s signature on the agreement

2) The remaining 50% of the fee is due via wire transfer thirty (30) days before the event

Speaker’s Out of Pocket Travel Expenses:
A travel stipend is calculated to cover all out of pocket travel expenses except those outlined as your group’s responsibilities, below.  This stipend amount is added to the first payment due.  Full line item detail on how the travel stipend was calculated will be provided for your organization’s review as part of the agreement.  In this manner, you will know exactly how much to budget for the Speaker’s participation in your program and there will be no ‘surprise’ costs after the event.  If the Speaker’s actual out of pocket expenses are higher than those calculated in the stipend, the Speaker will fully cover the difference, no additional travel expense funds will be due from your organization.  Likewise, the Speaker will allocate all travel stipend funds at his sole discretion and no expense report will be provided after the event.

Your Organization’s Travel Arrangement Responsibilities: (not included as part of the travel stipend)
We ask your organization to directly arrange and pre-pay for:

1)      the Speaker’s business class airfare, booked full fare, fully changeable/refundable, and subject to the exact itinerary the Speaker requests via email, (Speaker will provide needed itinerary no later than 21 days in advance of the Event date)**

2)      the Speaker's 5 star hotel room (hotel with 24 hour room service and wireless high-speed internet in all guest rooms), taxes, international phone calls and internet service.  The latter two items are used to test the demonstrations used in the presentation,

3)      the Speaker's ground transportation via private car service (including both fare and gratuity) in the event city to/from the airport, his hotel and the event venue,

4)      any visa application and processing fees (if required by the hosting country) - with the speaker cooperating fully, and

5)      taxes or fees levied by the hosting country or city of the event (so the amount received by the Speaker equals the amounts outlined in the agreement).

**The Speaker is a highly phobic flyer and must research his own itinerary—using the safest airline and the aircraft with the best safety record.  Therefore, the itinerary provided by the Speaker must be booked exactly as requested, to ensure the Speaker feels confident in making the trip.  We know this is an unusual situation and we thank you, very much, for your kindness and consideration in this matter.

Topics:
Mr. Mitnick has three excellent presentations to choose from, including his most widely requested presentation, The Art of Deception—which explores how people are often the weakest link in the security chain.  Full descriptions are available for each presentation topic at
www.NewLeafSpeakers.com/mitnick.  The site offers a wide variety of information, such as high resolution photos, bio information, session descriptions, book jacket jpg's and footage clips.  Customized presentations are available and pricing is provided after a 15-20 minute conference call between the Speaker and your group to determine the scope of customization needed and the time-frame available to create the presentation.

Please do not begin promotion of Mr. Mitnick’s appearance until a mutually signed agreement is in place and your deposit has been confirmed.  Thank you very much for your consideration.

Try it yourself by mailing Jessica Riesenbeck <jessica@newleafspeakers.com>.

Regards,
Gent