Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf10-localteam] Debconf10 leftovers

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:39:29 -0400, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:06 PM, micah anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:43:59 -0400, Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@brandorr.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Guys, I'm sure Micah doesn't want to keep all the stuff in his home till
> > the
> > > next DebConf, so if there is anything you need to store, I am renting a
> > > storage facility that has some space available. (It is in westernmost
> > part
> > > of midtown).
> >
> > Thanks Brian for being aware of the annoyance of having all this stuff
> > sitting around :)
> >
> > I'd love to put stuff in that storage space, if you have room!
> >

> There is room. The biggest issue is that since I don't have a vehicle,
> getting stuff in and out is a hassle. (I either have to wait until a friend
> with a car is free, or if I really need to, I rent a car, which is rather
> expensive in Manhattan).

Do you need the car because it is otherwise unreachable, or is it
because hauling stuff there is difficult? If its the later, the things I
have could easily get into a taxi (thats how they got to my place originally).

> Micah, do you have access to a vehicle? Also if we do this, we'll want to
> put stuff in stackable "book boxes" that are well labeled. (IE: we can't
> just throw the stuff in in bags, as stacking is key to utilizing the space
> efficiently.)

I do not have access to a vehicle :p