Re: [Debconf-team] press

Hi!

Am 09.09.2010 08:24, schrieb martin f krafft:

> And Alexander: I am sorry that it's been a PITA for you to deal with
> me (did you ever?),

<sarcasm>No, never, I just forwarded your announcements as fast as
possible to our channels, when there was again something send out by
debconf press without any previous warning or consultation.</sarcasm>

> but consider that I picked up the pieces of DebConf press at a time,
> when Debian didn't even have a press team and dealing with Joey was
> consistently a massive PITA too.

I don't know, when I was added to the press@debian.org and
events@debian.org aliases (I think the last one could go back to 2002),
but according to the website CVS I got press secretary in March 2006,
and full member of the press team in 2007.  IIRC you joined the DC press
team for dc7?  So there's always been someone else but Joey in the press
team for the time you have been active.

> I have never understood why DebConf needed its own press team.

I thought I already explained that:  As long as there's no one from
Debian's press team also member of the DebConf orga team (and as we are
quite busy, I don't that will change for the foreseeable future), how
should they get the information they need to draft an announcement?  And
if they haven't been at the DebConf, how should they write a "great
event, see you next year" announcement after it has finished?  I don't
know if DebConf needs or has a Press team on it's own, but obviously
there needs to be at least someone communicating with us.

Best regards,
  Alexander