Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] Travel sponsorship BoF: minutes

Ana Guerrero wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 05:52:06PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:

> I think you are totally losing the point of this discussion and focusing
> too much in your particular problem 2 years ago.

No, it's an example.  Just one example, but it's the one I know best,
unsurprisingly.  Because I got travel sponsorship from another group,
I'm surprisingly relaxed and detached when I evaluate it.

So what's the point of this discussion?  I thought it was how to
provide more useful sponsorships with less money by improving the
process, as in the first message from Pablo Duboue, and to do the
tasks outlined in Stefano Zacchiroli's reply.  So, first step,
document the current sponsoring guidelines, including the key points
we outlined in our previous posts.  Unsurprisingly, newbies like me
aren't the most useful at documenting how it currently works, so we're
straying ahead slightly to a later topic, what we'd like to try to
improve.

> If you want to understand better how things works, please take a look at
> the mailing lists archives, meetings logs and even get involved in DebConf
> organization....

One of the points I was trying to make was that applicants shouldn't
have to dig through mailing lists archives, meetings logs and even get
involved in DebConf organisation just to make an effective sponsorship
application!

http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Registration is quite detailed
but I'm not sure if it's correct and how it went and I don't think
it's covering travel.  Seeing as documenting the guidelines is one
of the points of this discussion, I don't think it's terribly
surprising that the current confusing mix of messages confuses people.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef