Re: [Debconf-team] Sunday Clean Up

On 08/05/2010 03:58 PM, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 03:25:57PM -0400, Gabriella Coleman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So anyone on the orga team who can be here for Sunday breakdown should.
>> I will send an announcement to debconf-announce seeking volunteers as well.
>>
>> We don't have a game plan for break down so we should arrange some
>> meeting or talk about it during our local team meeting.

We talked briefly at the poorly-attended local team meeting today at
7:30 in front of John Jay.

The plan as it currently stands is to start teardown Saturday evening,
after the Closing Plenary.  We hope to get as much done as possible on
Saturday evening, and then some of us will return Sunday morning at 10am
(assuming we can get into the space) to put the final touches on the job.

> - take out all electronics, make sure they get back to the right
>   people
>   (there should probably be some phased plan for starting this
>   Saturday evening, while making sure of things like "video people
>   have the CS network to review however late they need")
>   Perhaps the hacklab setup people can come up with timings and plans
>   for a phased tear down.
> - Take down rental furniture and stack it where it came from.  Count
>   it up to make sure it's all there and in the right place
> - Return furniture to the rooms it came from.
> - Put chairs back in Davis.
> - All the cleaning we are supposed to be doing ever night, but very
>   complete.
>   - detailed garbage pick-up/sweeping
>   - take down all tape and cables.  remove smudges and grime from
>     walls
>   (see list in Carleton hacklab for a big list of cleaning-related
>   things)

This list sounds great, and i will personally take responsibility of
laying out plans for the hacklab teardowns if i can get a sense of where
the extra chairs and tables need to go.  I assume that all the CRF
equipment can be returned to the coffee room, as long as we order it and
label it neatly.  Would that be OK?

> Right now, it seems the most important thing to do is decide which
> hacklabs have what deactivated at what times.

There are two proposals on the table from the meeting today:

 A) tear down Carleton immediately after we eat after the closing
plenary, and start on the CS lounge when Carelton is completely removed.

 B) tear down Carelton during the day on Saturday sometime (before the
closing plenary) and start on the CS lounge after the closing plenary.

I prefer option A myself, as i'd like to attend the talks, and i'd like
to let the lingering attendees have a space (in the cs hacklab) to wrap
up last-minute projects.

So unless i hear otherwise, i'll assume we're going with choice A.
Either way, i think we should focus on one hacklab at a time, unless it
somehow gets very late and we have a large enough crew to split up.

I want us to take care of Carleton first, because we need to maintain
access control to CRF through the end no matter what.

	--dkg

PS when is the next orga team meeting?  I plan to attend the OpenPGP key
management BoF tomorrow evening before the KSP, so i'll be busy from
19:30 onwards, and i would like to attend the talks earlier in the day
as well.  So if folks want to have the localteam meeting in the evening,
i will be unable to attend.  I could do a lunch meeting at 13:00 in
front of John Jay, but i understand that Lunch meetings tend to be
relatively unproductive.  OTOH, no meeting at all might also be
considered unproductive.  We didn't appear to reach a consensus on the
next-meeting plan at today's meeting.