[Debconf-team] DebConf10 Press Release draft for review

Since we are at a pretty late juncture, I went ahead and stayed up to
pull together pieces from a few sources to create the following draft:
http://whiteboard.debian.net/dc10pressrelease.wb (Copy of which I have
included at the end of this email)

Everyone please comment in thread, *AND* ping me on IRC, I should be
around most of the day Monday, and would like to get this release out
some time on Monday. (With global translations following a day or so
later).

Thanks,
Brian

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

Contact information: Debian Developer Conference Press Team Contact:
press@debconf.org Local contacts: Brian Gupta 646-374-8886 Gabriella
Coleman xxx-xxx-xxxx

Subject: Debian Developer Conference in NYC (first time in USA!) Aug
1-7 at Columbia University

The Debian Project, the team behind the free Debian GNU/Linux operating system,
would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Debian Conference which
will take place from August 1 to 7, 2010, at Columbia University, in
New York City,
USA, in cooperation with the Columbia Computer Science department. In DebConf's
eleven-year history, this will be the first time it is being held in
the United States of America.

More information here: http://debconf10.debconf.org/

Every year, DebConf allows new and existing Debian project participants
from around the world to assemble, share knowledge and ideas, make
collaborative contributions to Debian, and build tighter community
bonds. Conference costs are largely funded by corporate sponsors who
find significant interest in supporting Debian and DebConfs.

DebConf includes Debian Day, being held on August 1st, when it opens its
doors to anyone interested in finding out more about Debian and Free
software. There will be talks and demonstrations about the benefits of
Debian and Free and Open Source software in general to corporate,
government, academic, and individual users.

More information on Debian Day, including a schedule, here:
http://www.debianday.org/

ABOUT DEBIAN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Debian GNU/Linux is a free computer operating system. Over three
thousand volunteers from all over the world work together to create
and maintain Debian software. Translated into 27 languages, and
supporting a huge range of computer types, Debian calls itself the
"universal operating system". In the United States, Debian is backed
by Software in the Public Interest, Inc., a not-for-profit public
charity as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue
Code.

ABOUT DEBCONF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DebConf is the Debian Project's developer conference. In addition to
a full schedule of technical, social and policy talks, DebConf
provides an opportunity for developers, contributors and other
interested people to meet in person and work together more closely.
It has taken place annually since 2000 in locations as varied as
Canada, Finland, and Mexico. More information about DebConf is
available from http://debconf.org/.

MORE INFORMATION
More information about DebConf10 can be found on the conference
website: http://debconf10.debconf.org/ or by contacting the
DebConf Global Press Team at press@debconf.org.

-Brian