Re: [Debconf-team] Please move Debconf video training to beginning

Hi Michael--

On 07/07/2010 10:24 AM, Michael J Daniel wrote:
> Please consider moving the Debconf video training from the 6th day to
> the 1st day.
> This information will be more valuable to participants at the beginning
> of the conference,
> rather than when the conference is almost over.

Are you part of the debconf video team?  (i'm asking because i really
don't know, and i'm trying to get the context for this request)

My understanding was that this was as much a "tour" (e.g. getting people
involved for future years and to replicate v-t's work for other
conferences) as it was a training for this conference.

I'm assuming that there will be other training events during debcamp
(before debconf starts, that is) to get the current year's team in shape.

edrz, can you speak to this?

Hrm, reviewing penta, i see that there is a submission note:

>> The DebConf Videoteam would like to run several instances of this
>> event: Once or Twice during DebCamp as a check of all the systems and
>> training for volunteers; Perhaps during Open Day (or whatever we are
>> calling it this year) to show off our tools; and again towards the end
>> of the conference as a follow-on to the Conference Video talk (637).

i've just corrected the ordering between 637 and 638 (637 should have
come first, and now it does), but we don't have the suggested other
instances of this event.

edrz, what should we do about this?  do you want to submit
debcamp-specific events that we should schedule and publicly announce
via penta?

if so, do we want to do that for other events as well?

And does the video team need another instance of training on DebianDay too?

Sorry to have more questions than answers,

	--dkg