[Debconf-team] DebCamp food ideas

Hi,

While Micah, Clint, and I were talking last night, we got some ideas
regarding food for DebCamp.  We weren't sure which were good ideas,
but some could save us money or simplify things.

( Context: So far, we had planned for and budgeted for DebCamp being
just like DebConf.  Then we thought, since it's more informal, could
we change it up some? )

- How much food sponsorship is promised during DebCamp?  I seem to
  recall it not being given all past years, depending on location.
  However, even if not promised this year, so far people are expecting
  to have it.

- We could sponsor just lunch, and let people go out for dinner (with
  some plan for those who can't afford it).

- We could do bulk take-out orders and eat outside/in dorms.

- Related to the above: One meal in john jay, one not.  Examples:
  lunch=JJ, dinner=let people go out.  /  dinner=JJ, lunch=go out or
  bulk takeout orders.

Any thoughts on these ideas?  Since DebCamp is more informal, we can
maybe do some of these strategies save money and maybe simplify things
(though JJ for all debcamp meals is pretty simple, but requires
advance planning, may have logistics we need to work out, and costs
more).

- Richard